Family Law Matters
Property Valuations NSW provide accurate and timely independent property valuations for Family Law matters. With over 40 years of experience we provide comprehensive valuations for residential, rural, commercial, industrial and retail properties. We understand the sensitivity of these matters and the need for accuracy and urgency. An independent property valuation may assist in mediations between parties, settlement procedures for Family Court purposes and deceased estate matters.
Our expertise is evident through:
- Our familiarity and experience with current expert evidence requirements and court guidelines.
- The detail of our valuation reports.
- Our appreciation for litigation time constraints, flexibility and comprehensive local knowledge.
Court valuations differ to other valuations in that they require significantly more evidential detail, supportive data and concise formatting. We have extensive experience and an intimate working knowledge of these requirements. When proceedings lead to a division of assets, we can assist with asset valuations to cover the property. With Family Law matters, almost all valuations are prepared on a single expert basis. Yet we may be engaged in the following roles:
- Single expert – engaged jointly by both parties or by the court
- Shadow expert – engaged by one party to assess the valuation provided by the opposing party or single expert
All valuations are conducted by an accredited, insured and API Certified Practising Valuer in accordance with the Australian Property Instituted guidelines. We cover the areas of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter, Central Coast and Port Stephens regions and we can usually assist with urgent matters to ensure that you or your client can meet the time frame required.
We will always provide an estimated fee prior to commencing the valuation. This will be dependent upon size, type and locality. For a free quote or confidential discussion please contact us or fill in an online quote.