Valuation for Divorce or Separation
In the event of a relationship breakdown, a valuation of real estate may be required for Property Settlement purposes. Our fully Registered and Insured Valuers provide independent, detailed and accurate valuation reports.
Valuations may be for:
- Mediation where parties negotiate the settlement
- Court proceedings where negotiations have failed and the matter is to be decided by the court.
Valuations may be in the form of:
- Individual instruction where we act for the individual client and their legal representative, if any. The valuation report can be used for mediation but in these instances, the individual is our client.
- A joint instruction by either parties, or their solicitor. In this case the valuation report and valuer is available to all parties, i.e. the two separating parties and their separate legal representatives. Each matter is then brought forward to each of the parties, usually by email, and any discussions are communicated with all parties. The valuation is utilized as a joint report which solidifies value.
- Court ordered valuation when no agreement can be reached.
Our experienced Valuers ensure:
- Timely inspection and report completion.
- Thorough inspection of the property and analysis of recent sales
- Accurate valuation.
- Detailed report painting a clear picture of the property and reason for the value attributed which may assist in reducing negotiation time and possibly reducing legal representatives’ time as well.
The closer one gets to the court or an unmanageable negotiation then the higher the costs become. We highly recommend a joint instruction as this does reduce costs to both parties. We have had good success with our valuation reports and when they are questioned or argued, our reports stand up to the test.
All valuations are conducted by an accredited, insured and API Certified Practising Valuer in accordance with the Australian Property Instituted guidelines. We cover the areas of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter, Central Coast and Port Stephens regions and we can usually assist with urgent matters to ensure that you or your client can meet the time frame required.
For further information or a free quote from Property Valuations NSW please contact us on the details provided or fill in an online Family Law House Valuation request form.
P: 1300 305 549